Wednesday, October 27, 2010

DMV Culture

So, I went to the DMV to renew my license today. I have to do it before my birthday November 8th and I wanted a new photo because I am sick of the prolonged double-take I get at 21+ establishments (security man - twenty something with overly spiked hair - looks at me, looks down, looks at me, looks down, asks the other security man for his unqualified opinion, looks at me, asks me to smile, lets me in and considers it a favor). Apparently society wants everyone to look like drones in their pictures because the man taking the photo instructed me to pose like this:



I really wanted the "I'm so excited for my new license!!!!!!!" picture:


Or the "Rock on, I'm above the law and you to know it" picture:


Guess you can't get everything you want. But I kind of had fun... met a clown, got a free diet pepsi, talked to a lady about how to build my own cat tree and got an offer to work at the Hot Dog on a Stick corporate office. Department of Motor Vehicles, you aren't that attractive but I like you. Same time next week?

P.S. I got my hairs cut yesterday. Two inches felt like a foot but if you think about it, that hair was probably 10+ years old. Yeah. I'm okay with saying goodbye.

No comments: